Were you always a reader?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
tannus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tannus.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Re: Were you always a reader?

Post by tannus »

I was a reader from childhood. My parents had to peel me away from books. Although I didnt have many books I would re-read books again and again.
Laura Lee
Currently Reading: Holiday in Death 
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-lee.html
Latest Review: My ABC "Chair" Book by Barbara H. Hartsfield

Post by Laura Lee »

I have always loved to read. In fact I have this distant, hazy memory of kindegarten. I remember looking at words in a book and feeling so frustrated that I couldn't read what they said. I wanted to know so badly. Books opened up whole new worlds to me. I have always loved to read.
Laura Lee

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
― Groucho Marx, The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Marx
Booklover10301
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover10301.html
Latest Review: Unhinged by Steve Galley

Post by Booklover10301 »

I have been an avid reader for as long as I can remember. When I was first learning how to read I would set up all of my stuffed animals in my bedroom and read to them as if it were story time. As I continued to grow older, if I ever needed to be punished for something, my parents would always just take away the book I was currently reading as they knew this would be the most meaningful punishment to me. Unfortunately, during college I have slowed down in my reading due to a lack of time, but I always do my best to make time for such pleasures.
Nylaaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Nylaaa »

Yesss I've loved reading since I was little ! I've loved reading stories soo much I became a writer myself. I have to say I do need work though and these story recommendations are truly helpful.
Daniel Muky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-muky.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Daniel Muky »

I started loving books at about 7
sarahlaks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahlaks.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by sarahlaks »

I was homeschooled and my siblings were difficult to get outside so I took up reading adventure books at a young age. Once I got to college I became too busy to read on a daily basis or so I thought but in my last year I started by getting the kindle app on my phone and got back into reading full throttle in a few weeks time.
cxsimpson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cxsimpson.html
Latest Review: How to Generate and Earn Royalty Income by Marina Peters

Post by cxsimpson »

My parents are readers so we always had books in the house and received them as gifts. I read more in high school than any other time in my life.
Savannah M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savannah-m.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Savannah M »

My mother always read to me when I was young and even when I was still in her womb so I grown to love books and we share the same passion.
Amy Murdoch Coleman
Favorite Book: Circe
Currently Reading: Hannah's War
Bookshelf Size: 6988
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-murdoch-coleman.html
Latest Review: Caretaker by George Farrell

Post by Amy Murdoch Coleman »

I have always loved reading and have been avidly collecting books since probably around first grade. It breaks my heart to give books away, and the most I can do is move some to my classroom for my students to enjoy.
angieray1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angieray1.html
Latest Review: Stranded In The Wild by Gary Rodriguez

Post by angieray1 »

I loved reading from childhood. I would read anything I could get my hands on, but I would only read excess books during the summer vacation.
Xenolyph
Currently Reading: Flowers in the Attic
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xenolyph.html
Latest Review: Shepherds of Destiny by Kiel Barnekov
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Xenolyph »

I hated reading as a child. However, I was grounded so much as a kid that I couldn't much more than read. It was either find a book or stare at the walls. I couldn't even color! So...I guess you could say I was forced into it? Haha! But now I love reading so I'm kind of glad I went through that.
Grace Macharia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-macharia.html
Latest Review: First Love by Momi Robins

Post by Grace Macharia »

Before I finished highschool I was always a sparse reader. Although after school I found myself with more time on my hands and thus dove deep into reading. I have now become inseparable from books.
gayscott
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gayscott.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by gayscott »

Yes I've always been a reader. My mother introduced me to books at a very young age. In fact, I had my picture in paper for being the youngest reader on the bookmobile in our area.
I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me. :reading-6: :reading-6: :angelic-cyan:
Justjaal_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justjaal.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Justjaal_ »

I've always liked to read, even when I was little I found books interesting and didn't dislike when the teachers gave me a book to read in school, but I started to love reading when I was 11 years old and started reading fanfiction of my favorites cartoons and animes, then I moved to Wattpad, and after that, I started reading all kinds of books (except horror).

I love reading, but more than that, I love good stories and how I can let my imagination fly, and when I knew that the best way to live those stories was reading, I never let it go.
Henrytbab
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henrytbab.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Henrytbab »

I have always loved it. But my love for it grew weary just a little bit when I was a teen.
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
-George Bernard Shaw

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”