What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
megha_bohot
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by megha_bohot »

i read 'How to be a Bawse' by lilly singh, again and again. It is such an amazing book for self help. It is motivating, mood boosting, and overall feel good kind of a book written by one of the most successful youtuber. Lilly singh also talks about how she got herself out of depression in her life, which is very uplifting for the people who might be in a dark time in their lives. I recommend reading this book even if you are not a fan of superwoman, or may be don't even know who she is. :)
L1th3rl+and
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Waves Break (on Unknown Shores)

Post by L1th3rl+and »

Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. Every time I read it I find something new to admire. Fortunately, it's relatively short because I read it at least once a year.
magnello
Favorite Author: William Gibson
Currently Reading: Luna
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnello.html
Latest Review: André's Reboot by Steve Coleman
fav_author_id: 2500

Post by magnello »

I usually go back to reread Pattern Recognition by William Gibson and almost ANY book by Sheri Tepper once a year or so, both authors have so many good books it's difficult to choose which one I like to reread the most. I also try to reread the entire Lord of the Rings set every two or three years because it's so rich with detail that I find new things to admire each time I read it.
Davewv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-davewv.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Davewv »

I think the book that I’ve reread the most is “Neuromancer” by William Gibson, and then “Dune” by Frank Herbert.
peter Novler
Favorite Book: Heartaches
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-novler.html
Latest Review: Conflict on the Yangtze by Greg Kater

Post by peter Novler »

I always find myself opening this book "Heartaches " by H. M Irwing. It's so so romantic and the pleasure I get from been involved in reading is quite overwhelming. Wanna give a try ? Please find a comfortable seat and thank me later! :lol:
LizzyGirl1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzygirl1.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Reading Device: B0773JVW5Z

Post by LizzyGirl1 »

Hi Scott. There are a few books that are worth re-reading e.g. Watership Down, The Lord of the Rings and the Jennings series (I still crack up with these). Most other books I read only once although I hold on to them forever, Lol! The only books that I keep going back to again and again are the Ramcharitmanas or Ramayana and the Bhagavad Gita because they are a constant source of courage and inspiration.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
rdrumsey
Favorite Book: Korian
Currently Reading: Shadow Eclipse Voyage
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rdrumsey.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by rdrumsey »

When life throws me a hard curveball and I feel shell shocked, I turn to the Lord of The Rings trilogy. I first read them when I was 13 years old. I’m now 53 and I’ve read them 4 more times since then.
HanSmith97
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hansmith97.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy Book 1 by Claire Youmans

Post by HanSmith97 »

LizzyGirl1 wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 12:58 Hi Scott. There are a few books that are worth re-reading e.g. Watership Down, The Lord of the Rings and the Jennings series (I still crack up with these). Most other books I read only once although I hold on to them forever, Lol! The only books that I keep going back to again and again are the Ramcharitmanas or Ramayana and the Bhagavad Gita because they are a constant source of courage and inspiration.
I am reading the Lord of the Rings series for the first time ever this year and I have to say I am absolutely loving it so far!!
LeDiplomatique
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lediplomatique.html
Latest Review: Basket of Brazilian Tales by Manfred u. Osterroht

Post by LeDiplomatique »

I always find myself rereading the bible. It is a classic that never grows old. Every time I read a story I had read before, I end up with more insight than before, even though the story is the same.
Makaylaparker
Currently Reading: The Portrait of a Lady
Bookshelf Size: 341
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-makaylaparker.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Makaylaparker »

As of right now, the book that I've probably read the most times is Flyaway by Lucy Christopher.
sidd31

Post by sidd31 »

The Alchemist
rhoadsm277
Currently Reading: Mockingjay

Post by rhoadsm277 »

I've always loved reading, and I have many favorite books including Mara Daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw, which I read at least 7 times when I was a kid.

I think the first classic I ever read was Jane Eyer, but I also like Jane Austin's books.

However, my all-time favorite books are JRR Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. I've read the series so many times I've lost count. I love the movies too, and I can recite them almost word for word. (It's a great way to get friends annoyed; not recommending you try this!)
Vikrant2345

Post by Vikrant2345 »

Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad.
justjim
Favorite Book: Project Tau
Currently Reading: Trying to Save Piggy Sneed
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justjim.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by justjim »

My favorite book to reread is A Son of the Circus by John Irving
"Never memorize something that you can look up." Albert Einstein
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Leyla Ann »

None lol. I'd rather check out a new book than reread an old one, no matter how much I love it, because I would already have full knowledge of the main events of a book I have read, and for me, that's as good as having one spoil a book for you.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”