What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
streetsolo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-streetsolo.html
Latest Review: Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons by Sam Brand

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by streetsolo »

I definitely reread The Stand by Stephen King the most. It's my favorite book of all time since the sixth grade and it's becoming really applicable now!
rondanoh1
Favorite Book: 101 Dalmations
Currently Reading: Devil Among Us
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rondanoh1.html
Latest Review: Daniel and Revelation for Today by Mae Abdul-Karim Wertz
Reading Device: B07K1RZWMC

Post by rondanoh1 »

My favorite book and the one I have re-read the most is "101 Dalmatians" by Dody Smith. It is classified as a Young Adult book buy I still enjoy it. I have read it to my kids and grand kids so I get to enjoy it while sharing with them. Disney's version is close but the book is better.
bawhite1029
Favorite Book: East Wind, 2nd edition
Currently Reading: Devil Among Us
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bawhite1029.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by bawhite1029 »

The Bible
thebutterflygirl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thebutterflygirl.html
Latest Review: Karinya by Paul Drewitt

Post by thebutterflygirl »

I used to read The famous five again and again as a child because my mother never allowed me to buy books and I could only borrow them from the library.
Sarah A Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nurse9298.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Sarah A Martin »

I reread all of my Stephen King books. Especially The Stand, The Shining, and Salem's Lot. I adore his writing and can easily get lost in his books.
Divergent_2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divergent-2020.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Divergent_2020 »

I keep re-reading The Zahir by Paulo Coelho. It's one of my favourite books and it calms me down. There's something about the protagonist going in search of answers, his life's chaos and finally finding peace in the end - that is inspiring and relaxing. Weird, I guess. But I re-read when am low and I go back to this book when I can't get myself to read anything else. Zahir helps me get back to reading too! So yes, everybody should read The Zahir and flow with it to find yourself!
Stephanie Keener
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swisskeener.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo! & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Stephanie Keener »

Other than books of the Bible, I have never re-read a book. There are just too many books out there to read and enjoy. I want to constantly be reading new books and trying out new authors.
funmilayo_h
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funmilayo-h.html
Latest Review: Battlemind by Michael Waddington

Post by funmilayo_h »

The first novel I read was when I was 14, "Shadow man" by John Katzenbach, To this day I don't know why I keep rereading it, maybe because it was the first time experiencing the feel of reading a novel...it was a great book
naomilupton_98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naomilupton-98.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by naomilupton_98 »

Other than the Bible, the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. Those books have so many levels and truth in them, it is near impossible to get everything on the first go. Definitely recommend that series to Christian believers who are interested in challenging their worldview.
Fatima Saif
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading: Make Fitness A Priority
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatima-saif.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Fatima Saif »

Scott wrote: 12 Apr 2007, 21:28 What book do you reread the most?

I reread Of Mice And Men about once or twice a year. Oddly, I usually read it when I've been feeling down for a while. The book is sad and makes me feel sad, but I guess I like to get lost in a book regardless. Plus, I usually read the book all-the-way through in one night. So, it's probably just that I want to occupy my mind for a while when I read it.

What about you?
I have read Halim novel almost 5 times. It's an amazing fictional story.
readsbyarun
Favorite Book: Wilderness Cry
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by readsbyarun »

I have reread The Games People Play but Dr Eric Burne for many number of times. One reason is that I liked the contents written in the book and the other reason is the concepts explained are too difficult for me to understand so I have to re-read again.
LuciusM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luciusm.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by LuciusM »

I have read Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace more than 10 times this year.
"To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from all the miseries of life"
Kayla-Lee
Currently Reading: Animal Farm
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-lee.html
Latest Review: Days of Future Found by M. K. Wark

Post by Kayla-Lee »

I reread Animal farm the most: so far I have read it 6 times. Personally, I do not like rereading books since I am always on a hunt for interesting books that I have not read before, but Animal Farm was an exception. It's oddly humorous and I love its historical connection with the Russian Revolution. :ugeek2: :)
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

Watership Down by Richards Adams. The book changes for you as you learn more in life. Back in the late 70's or early 80's, I was new in town and the neighbor kids were absolutely freakin' out, telling me I had to come watch this movie! A bunny movie? Well, I like most animals. I liked the movie but it didn't quite fit into the norm at the time for a cartoon. Shortly after, I happened upon a copy of the book at a garage sale in my hometown so my aunt bought it for me. I probably read it a couple times and then years later during my senior year in high school, I wrote a paper on its' totalitarian elements. I still occasionally want to read it again. It's surprisingly complex, the rabbits have a god and they have heroes and a boogie man. They have enemies, poets, psychics, and their own language. My copy of the book had the words to their language defined so the reader could refer to that as they were reading, which was also something new to me. From a different perspective, apparently, much of their behavior is also based on actual rabbit behavior.
Zainabreadsnow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainabreadsnow.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Zainabreadsnow »

The Hunger Games trilogy. I just haven't found another book series that captures that much emotion.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”