What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
scarlettdragone
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by scarlettdragone »

I very rarely re-read books. I think I've only ever re-read the following: Thanks for the Trouble, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe and Terms and Conditions.
supraja_prasad
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Burn Zones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-supraja-prasad.html
Latest Review: Doppelgänger by Marc J. Seifer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by supraja_prasad »

It's a three way tie between Harry potter, Narnia and Percy Jackson in series.
The short stories - Sherlock, Agatha and R K Narayan
Stand alone - Perks of being a wallflower, Pride and Prejudice
Books may well be the only true magic.
~Alice Hoffman
raquel_frescia
Currently Reading: The Nouveau Riche
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raquel-frescia.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by raquel_frescia »

Chu's Day by Neil Gaiman
Infinite I
Favorite Book: How to Define Yourself
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-infinite-i.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Infinite I »

Non-fiction inspirational books, particularly by Swami Vivekananda.
miacarter
Favorite Book: Secrets from the top
Currently Reading:

Post by miacarter »

Well, as an author I stay clear of any erotic book, my reasoning is that they don’t seem written well and also tend to not feel real, take 50 shades, yes i know a worldwide hit, there had to be something in it I would like, but I couldn’t even get past the first few chapters before I had to put it down, and I will say out loud this is the first book that I have ever thrown away and not finished, it wasn’t the story, well really didn’t have any but it was poorly edited and written. Why is it that when people write this book that the main character is a male with a poorly written female second?
It’s not just from a female perspective I have heard it from many people, so it took me aback when I tried another one just to prove I was right, but I couldn’t, secrets from the top Caroline’s journal, the beginning of three new books, wow, i couldn’t put it down. It told a story. and for people in the know then I don’t know what is, it will resonate with every female and some men, it tells things that are true, and if that truly isn’t the best way to read, then think about this, the author’s real name is Mr darcy. if you like myself like the realness of a book, then you need to read this, if not then those who sit and fawn over 50 shades are doing them and their friends an injustice so if you want to read a book that has sex scenes but a want a female lead or two female leads then this restarts the sex conversation from a who new angle
Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

has to be "The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger.
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"
[Danielle]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle.html
Latest Review: The Global Reconstruction Project by S. Cotton

Post by [Danielle] »

The entire Harry Potter series! I've been re-reading them constantly since I started reading them as a child.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
TheChii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by TheChii »

It's definitely the Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop. I don't even know how many times I've read it but it's probably my all time favorite!
JaeBlessing

Post by JaeBlessing »

Grace Livingston Hill's "Marcia Schuyler"
It has been one of my favorites since I was a teenager. :)
LizzyGirl1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzygirl1.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Reading Device: B0773JVW5Z

Post by LizzyGirl1 »

HanSmith97 wrote: 18 Nov 2019, 08:09
LizzyGirl1 wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 12:58 Hi Scott. There are a few books that are worth re-reading e.g. Watership Down, The Lord of the Rings and the Jennings series (I still crack up with these). Most other books I read only once although I hold on to them forever, Lol! The only books that I keep going back to again and again are the Ramcharitmanas or Ramayana and the Bhagavad Gita because they are a constant source of courage and inspiration.
I am reading the Lord of the Rings series for the first time ever this year and I have to say I am absolutely loving it so far!!
IKR! It keeps you totally engrossed. I was not able to put it down (that was long before the movie though). :techie-studyinggray:
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Mwila_wise
Currently Reading: Head Waggling in Delhi
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwila-wise.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Mwila_wise »

The book that I reread is The Concubine by Chinua Achebe... There is romance and a hunt for the most beautiful woman recently divorced by a sea king to live on earth as punishment and that no man should ever marry her or else perish. Good book indeed. :techie-reference: :techie-reference:
[Danielle]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle.html
Latest Review: The Global Reconstruction Project by S. Cotton

Post by [Danielle] »

The entire Harry Potter series. I love re-reading them because of the nostalgia and noticing how I interpret the books differently as I get older.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
slj3988
Currently Reading: Lord of the rings
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slj3988.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by slj3988 »

Mwila_wise wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 15:06 The book that I reread is The Concubine by Chinua Achebe... There is romance and a hunt for the most beautiful woman recently divorced by a sea king to live on earth as punishment and that no man should ever marry her or else perish. Good book indeed. :techie-reference: :techie-reference:
I looked for it and all I can find of The Concubine is by Elechi Amadi? There's also a Korean film of the same name that has a forbidden love theme. Chinua Achebe wrote Things Fall Apart. I want to read it!
slj3988
Currently Reading: Lord of the rings
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slj3988.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by slj3988 »

I got about half way through the Ice & Fire series and after stepping away for a while, I had to start again. There's so many houses and characters that are barely described by their armour. I lost track of who was who.
Calea

Post by Calea »

I love poem books. One of my favorites are “I am her tribe” by Danielle doby. It’s just a really positive book for women of all ages and I’ve read it about 13 times this past year.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”