Do you carry a list?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
launchliteracy
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-launchliteracy.html

Re: Do you carry a list?

Post by launchliteracy »

I have a list of books I am interested in reading as well as a list of books I have read. It helps me in the library as there is a great deal of literature I would like to read. I also love lists in general, tends to keep me very organized.
Crossroad Readers
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossroad-readers.html
Latest Review: "Love for One" by Stacey Haga

Post by Crossroad Readers »

I also use goodreads to help me remember which books I'd like to read in the future. But sometimes I do write them down on a piece of paper.
Latest Review: "Love for One" by Stacey Haga
ksls2011
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">Daughter of the Forest</a>
Currently Reading: Nightlord Orb
Bookshelf Size: 293
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksls2011.html
Latest Review: Praesidium by McKinley Aspen

Post by ksls2011 »

I used to, but since I have moved and have my "library" packed up, I mainly use my kindle so don't really go into bookstores anymore.
DanielleElu

Post by DanielleElu »

I suppose I'm a bit of a nerd in that I have a special journal for my list. The cover looks like the old school library checkout sheet with due dates stamped (like they used to do in my school library.) It's titled "Books To Check Out". As I find books I would like to read, I write down their titles and use my list as I search through my local online library. If I find a book that I am especially fond of or on that strikes a chord with me, I then purchase it for my bookshelf.
Ariel113
Currently Reading: Paper Towns
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Ariel113 »

I started a huge list in the notes section on my phone, and I constantly update it. I use it whenever I go to the library or bookstore and try to get a book on my list.
untiltheveryend
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-untiltheveryend.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by untiltheveryend »

Yes! I keep a list of books series I have started but don't have them all. Otherwise I just go off the covers.
bibliophagist_
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibliophagist.html

Post by bibliophagist_ »

I tend to write down a list of books that I want because if I don't, I forget which ones I wanted and then become disappointed when I forget to buy them.
Olivia_Ritch
Currently Reading:

Post by Olivia_Ritch »

It depends on what I'm looking for. If I've seen a book I really want to read then I'll write it down, but other times its nice to walk in, look around, and fall in love with a story by accident.
Cfriswell
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cfriswell.html

Post by Cfriswell »

Rather than a paper list which I would be likely to lose or have in the wrong bag when I need it. I use goodreads to shelve books that I am interested in reading. This is really useful as I can search by author or look up a front cover to remind myself.
Jennay8825
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennay8825.html

Post by Jennay8825 »

Typically, I do not carry a list. I love the thrill of walking into a bookstore and searching for the "perfect" book. I have a wide variety of genre interests, depending on my current mood.
SparklingOne
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: A Breath of Snow and Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklingone.html
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by SparklingOne »

Yes, in several places, I either save it to my Amazon wish list, Goodreads or Bookshelves to read list here. Just depending where I was when I saw a book which interested me. These lists don't always contain the same items but the lists on Goodreads or here usually contain items I already own.
Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
catzkc

Post by catzkc »

I used to keep a list in my purse in the chance I found myself in the library or bookstore. But ever since I switched to a smartphone a few years ago I just keep the list there. I also have shelves on Goodreads for to-buy and library, so I've been making more use of those in the Goodreads app instead of the list.

I also have a Wish List on Amazon for both Ebooks and physical ones. Being on the Wish List makes it quick for me to check on those periodically and see if any of them are marked down in price.
Lcwarren1s

Post by Lcwarren1s »

I enjoyed your posed question. I myself do not keep a hand written list of books I've read or own. I have a pretty solid running mental list of the books I've devoured. I am fairly guilty of "pinning" book lists I find on Pinterest promising to contain titles of books one can't put down. I actually just put my name on my library's wait list for two new titles.
cranej80
Currently Reading: love your life not theirs
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cranej80.html
Latest Review: "Food Gift Recipes From Nature's Bounty" by Lilly Robbins Brock
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by cranej80 »

I don't but it sounds like a great idea to me. I know I have multiple copies of some books. I also can never remember the title of books when I am wanting to read something new.
Latest Review: "Food Gift Recipes From Nature's Bounty" by Lilly Robbins Brock
Monika Mavlankar
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monika-mavlankar.html

Post by Monika Mavlankar »

Yes, i keep a list of books i want to read or buy on my mobile phone...so that the next time i go shopping for books I won't waste time in searching... And if i find any good books on the internet or while browsing in a book store which i cant buy at that time then i add them to the list too for future use.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”