How many books do you read in a month?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

How many books do read per month?

Less than 1
2%
1-2
18%
3-4
24%
4-5
19%
6-7
13%
8-9
5%
10 or more
19%

Total votes: 129

readertim109
Bookshelf Size: 0

How many books do you read in a month?

Post by readertim109 »

On average, how many books do you read per month? Does the number vary, or is it usually the same.

Do you wish you could read more books? Do you not have the time? Or, are you happy with the amount of books you read?
"Show me the books he loves and I shall know the man far better than through mortal friends."
~ Dawn Adams ~
knightss

Post by knightss »

i usually read around 7 books a month.
i'm generally pretty consistent but i've only read 3 book so far this month =x i've been a little busy.
"Words can be like x-rays, if you use them properly - they'll go through anything. You read and you're pierced." - Huxely
Niphredil

Post by Niphredil »

I'd say 3-4, it generally takes me either a week to read a book, or a few days and then a few more days to choose the next. I find it hard to commit :P
Linda

Post by Linda »

3-4 i have to spend the rest of my time thinking funny thoughts :/
"I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you SCREAM about it
I hope your conscience EATS AT YOU and you can't BREATHE without me"
Authorgen

Post by Authorgen »

It depends. Sometimes I read 3-4 books while other times it is over 10 books.
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

I am like you authorgen, it fluctuates so I averaged it out to 6-7.
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I try to read a book a week. Sometimes I read more sometimes less. Having said that, so far this year I have really struggled to get into a reading frame of mind. I have been so distracted, and I can't say that it has been anything worthwhile that has kept me from reading. Maybe it is just laziness or the unseasonably warm/hot weather, I can't focus. I would like to get back on track and read, read, read.
jess

Post by jess »

I get through about 2 a month these days. Work really messes with my spare time. When I was a teenager I could read 2 a week.
Linda

Post by Linda »

hmm i was going to say when im not a teenager i'll probably be able to read more...but i'm really doubting that. idk i think i'd like to be 20 now if i could.
"I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you SCREAM about it
I hope your conscience EATS AT YOU and you can't BREATHE without me"
Rebeca Darklight

Post by Rebeca Darklight »

:( I only read one book every month... I have too much to study at the moment. But when I have free time I usually read 5 or 6 books a month. November and December where great because I had lots of free time to read and read and read. :)
Be nice to me! English is not my native language. :)
Rebeca Darklight

Post by Rebeca Darklight »

:( I only read one book every month... I have too much to study at the moment. But when I have free time I usually read 5 or 6 books a month. November and December where great because I had lots of free time to read and read and read. :)
Be nice to me! English is not my native language. :)
notrorygilmore

Post by notrorygilmore »

I normally read 5-7 books a month, but this semester it has been more like 2 books a month. My classes this semster are crazy. I'm in class everyday from 8-3:15 and then I usually edit projects from 5pm until 10pm. Then I go home and do my written homework. I can't wait until summer when I can go back to my regular routine.

I really miss my job at the pharmacy. We never had any business so I basically got paid to read. It was nice to work an 8 or 10 hour day and do nothing except for read. On occassion I would fill a precription.
metroidhunter9292

Post by metroidhunter9292 »

I always like reading a good book, and i always aim my goal to about fifteen books a month.
awelker

Post by awelker »

i wish that i could read that much. i just don't have time.

my ultimate dream job would be to get paid to read.
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

Ooh now that would be a dream job! Imagine being a professional reviewer or something?
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”