Tell me about that feeling you get when you finish a book.

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Elliej99
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elliej99.html

Re: Tell me about that feeling you get when you finish a boo

Post by Elliej99 »

When you finish a book you look around and realise that everyone else has carried on with life while yours has been on hold because you were living vicariously through the main character, your mood slowly sinks with the realisation that you have to return to monotony of real life and that the character in the book has ceased to exist after you closed the cover, like you are shutting the door on an old friend as they exit from your life. However you find peace of mind because you feel comforted knowing that you can just turn the page and live that life over and over again, as many times as you want to just to escape reality just that little bit longer
ShajutiRawr
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shajutirawr.html

Post by ShajutiRawr »

When I finished "The Hunger Games" series, I felt like I was a changed person. After finishing the last book, a wave of "what will I do now?" thoughts flooded over me. It was a great book and thats what really got me into reading.
Threadend
Favorite Author: Sylvia Plath
Currently Reading: Hawkeye, Vol. 1
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-threadend.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 7000

Post by Threadend »

The first book I read that put me through a ridiculous amount of emotions the first time I read it was Frankenstein. I remembered putting the book down and needing just to stare off for a while. When a book becomes a pathway to either escape or distraction, you become connected to certain characters. My chest will feel full and I repeat the last sentence a few times in my head, and I feel changed very deeply. It's an amazing feeling to have.
dickens 100
Currently Reading: The Italian Wife
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dickens-100.html

Post by dickens 100 »

If the book is brillliant, then I always feel uplifted after finishing it. If the book is very long, then relief
ASLmoon

Post by ASLmoon »

When I finish reading a book. I feel like if I have finished a workout, learned about a person, and I feel quite smart. :)
commas are my thing
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commas-are-my-thing.html

Post by commas are my thing »

It feels empty, and also very warm. Relief, and In the case of TFIOS, grief!
Being trapped in a book and then finishing it is what brings me relief. But it's also sad because, it's over.
Feeling anxious for the author to keep writing is another feeling that I get.
Ama Idim
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Ama Idim »

A feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment especially now when I hardly have time, completing a book means a lot.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Spontaneo
Favorite Book: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spontaneo.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Spontaneo »

Well, I either get happy or disappointed.

If the book really was good, I know I have not wasted precious moments of my day or night. If the book was disappointing, then I have wasted those precious moments.

As I find reading books to be a luxury, I prefer that books give me that happy feeling.

:)
You Only Grow Old If You Want To
KN17488
Currently Reading: A Dog's Purpose
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by KN17488 »

The feeling when I get to an end of a really good book I'm just like what do I do now or like man how am I going to find a new book to top this book I just read. I have read so many books over the course of my life and I still get that point after I'm done with books like what do I do now I have invested so much time into this book, but now I need to go and find a new book. It is like how am I ever goimg to top this book. I some how keep finding so many books hat too the last one I read. I know there is just so many good books out there so I know I will never run out, but still.
Jolyon Trevelyan
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Bookshelf Size: 10
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by Jolyon Trevelyan »

Well i do have a feeling about it, but for the life of me I can't think of what it is.
A mistake is simply another way of doing things
Spontaneo
Favorite Book: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spontaneo.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Spontaneo »

I feel like I have accomplished and have gotten a free education!

:techie-studyinggray:
You Only Grow Old If You Want To
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Post by ebethina »

It always feels good to finish reading a book. Even if it is incredibly long. Sometimes after finishing a book, it takes me awhile to start a new one depending on how long I spent reading it that day. It feels even better when finished with a long series.
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly
Elle Howard
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elle-howard.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Elle Howard »

I usually feel a great deal of satisfaction with a twinge of sadness. Sometimes it is hard to put great characters in your past. I usually feel this way until I choose my next read.
Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
–Maya Angelou
Tsundoku-san
Currently Reading: Ilustrado
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by Tsundoku-san »

I don't know if it is just me here that feels like whenever I finished a book, especially a good one, it feels like I accomplished something. :techie-studyingbrown: And the feeling is somewhat bittersweet. Like your venture has come to an end and you need now to pack, go back home.
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

I always feel sad because when I'm engrossed in a good story I never want it to end.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”