Reading on Planes

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Taylor Razzani
Favorite Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 59294">The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books)</a>
Currently Reading: The Bachman Books
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-razzani.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington
fav_author_id: 2684

Re: Reading on Planes

Post by Taylor Razzani »

I can't imagine not having something to read with me while on a plane! I always have a book for the airport and for daytime trips and I also pack my Nook for nighttime to avoid turning on the overhead light. Probably overkill but I can't sleep on planes so I find it perfect for passing time.
Wendy11974
Currently Reading: Chin
Bookshelf Size: 46

Post by Wendy11974 »

I have to read on planes. My husband is a sleeper, but even he will bring a book for our longer flights. I talk all day for work and find if I have a book and have to sit by strangers they leave me alone. I am not antisocial, but I only fly recreationally and want to enjoy my time away. I also tend to but a new release when we fly so I am excited about the trip and the flight ,which normally I am nervous about.
Palfree
Currently Reading: Holly and Homiicide
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palfree.html
Latest Review: What If They Knew by T.R.Hendrick

Post by Palfree »

I have a really hard time sleeping on planes. So, I tend to immerse myself in a book. I usually bring my Kindle and a few Reader's Digestss with me. I like plenty of variety in my reading material so I don't get bored.
Prudence Emillian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerrypru.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Prudence Emillian »

Having to read where there are so many distractions has proven impossible for me.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

I can't read on a plane. There are just too many people around that I can't concentrate on a book.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”