Webcomics

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
CloudedRune
Currently Reading: Paper Towns
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cloudedrune.html
Latest Review: "Why is the moon following us?" by María Escobedo Cubas

Webcomics

Post by CloudedRune »

I was searching to see if there was any discussion about webcomics anywhere here but I didn't find anything!

is anyone here interested in webcomics? Does anyone have any recommendations? I could certainly give some recommendations if anyone wants them :D

I'm reading quite a few at the moment and I have a whole lot more that I plan to start at some point soon.
Oneday
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Oneday »

I haven't ever read any. I would love a few recommendations!
CloudedRune
Currently Reading: Paper Towns
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cloudedrune.html

Post by CloudedRune »

I am more than happy to give you some recommendations! :D

I'm reading mostly fantasy ones at the moment; the first one I got into was Clockwork by Chikuto which is about an artisan who is unwillingly whisked away from his home to work for a diplomat from an enemy country. There isn't a lot of the story out yet and it doesn't have an update schedule presently, but it is a really promising story and has gorgeous artwork and is probably still my favourite of all the ones I've read so far. My second favourite is Solstoria, which is another fantasy story about a girl who goes on a journey to become a knight after her brother goes missing under mysterious circumstances.

Others I've been reading and enjoying are Cucumber Quest (a cute story for all ages about anthropomorphic rabbits on a quest to save a magical kingdom), Unsounded (a story about a young girl and a living corpse on a journey together), Always Raining Here (a highschool romance story) and The Fox Sister (a comic based on the Korean folk tale of the same name).

I hope this was helpful!
Ariel_Martin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arieljmartin.html
Latest Review: The Wicked Wives by Gus Pelagatti

Post by Ariel_Martin »

I really like Siren's Lament the art is incredible and it is a beautiful story. I Love Yoo is a pretty funny one too. I am pretty new to webcomics as well.
leximutia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leximutia.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by leximutia »

I love them. There were a few that really made an impression on me.

Bastard!!
Sweet Home
Annarasumanara
Duty After School
God Of Bath

...Man, there's a lot more I could list if I sat down longer to think about it. Let me know if you're looking for more recommendations. I really enjoy storytelling in every form, and that definitely includes webcomics.
NataliT
Currently Reading: Gingerbread
Bookshelf Size: 473
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalit.html
Latest Review: The Juicy Fruit Man by LaMar Going

Post by NataliT »

I've always wanted to give webcomics a try (I am a big lover of graphic novels), so thank you for the recommendations. I will let you know how I get on.
car-mbz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-car-mbz.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Post by car-mbz »

Am happy to have across this topic. I will definately checkout your recommendations. Thank you.
"Today a reader, tomorrow a leader." Margaret Fuller
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo
C3cilia
Currently Reading: My "enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c3cilia.html
Latest Review: Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community by Yasher Echad El

Post by C3cilia »

I haven't come across any but my curiosity will make me check on the recommendations.Thanks.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”