What is the worst thing you've done to a book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Re: What is the worst thing you've done to a book?

Post by AA1495 »

CatInTheHat wrote:
zeldas_lullaby wrote: If we're talking accidents, when I was a kid, I left a book in the car, in that area behind the back seats underneath a narrow window. The book melted in the hot sun and the binding actually came unglued!! :-o
I've never heard of that happening before but it makes sense, now that I think about it.

-- 12 Sep 2016, 10:04 --

The worst thing was probably loaning out one of my favorites then forgetting who I loaned it to. Never got it back.
Oh wow. That's not nice. Did you end up buying another copy of it?
wagthefox
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by wagthefox »

I burned a book. Well, I used some pages from a ratty ol' paperback romance at a cabin once to start a fire when there was no newspaper or such to use. Aside from that, I'm pretty kind to books.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

wagthefox wrote:I burned a book. Well, I used some pages from a ratty ol' paperback romance at a cabin once to start a fire when there was no newspaper or such to use. Aside from that, I'm pretty kind to books.
Oh wow :shock2: well that's practical but... romance? I love romance books :(
wagthefox
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by wagthefox »

AA1495 wrote:Oh wow :shock2: well that's practical but... romance? I love romance books :(
Heh. Everything else in the place was hardcovers, and I didn't dare.
alwaysdaddygirl
Currently Reading: The Alienation of Courtney Hoffman
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaysdaddygirl.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01DAJTINW

Post by alwaysdaddygirl »

Threw the book in the trash. My first time. I have not done it since. This book was not about political. This author made many liberals points. I am not going to finish this. That can be dangerous.

Yes, I am GOP. Regardless, I still love JFK. This book was supporting it okay to steal, all police are stupid, etc.

I will not say the name of this book. This book get me ?.

?
"Death ends a life, not a relationship."
Mitch Albom
🦋
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

alwaysdaddygirl wrote:Threw the book in the trash. My first time. I have not done it since. This book was not about political. This author made many liberals points. I am not going to finish this. That can be dangerous.

Yes, I am GOP. Regardless, I still love JFK. This book was supporting it okay to steal, all police are stupid, etc.

?
Sounds like the book was supporting thug ideals, NOT liberal ideals. I have many liberal friends and none of them would support stealing and they certainly aren't anti-police. Many have in fact served in the US military (various branches).
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
alwaysdaddygirl

CatInTheHat wrote:
alwaysdaddygirl wrote:Threw the book in the trash. My first time. I have not done it since. This book was not about political. This author made many liberals points. I am not going to finish this. That can be dangerous.

?
Sounds like the book was supporting thug ideals, NOT liberal ideals. I have many liberal friends and none of them would support stealing and they certainly aren't anti-police. Many have in fact served in the US military (various branches).

Aloha,

1) The primary part of my business is help veterans, military families, troops, and military dogs. All of the services for them are free. Regardless if they are a liberal or not. Regardless if they are Christian or non Christians.

2) My daddy and uncle served. I have created web pages, wrote articles about military, and tweeted with many folks in liberal politics. All those folks I have tweeted, are not helping veterans. Examples homeless veterans, disgrace of VA, etc. They claim they are helping. I tweet with proof they are full of it.

3) This book came out during the mass shootings of cops,etc. If the book was not releated to this, the publishers would have pulled the back. Yes, it is :eusa-think: :hand: money. It is out respect. Just like that one movie that came out around 911. The movie had ads of the towers. That is why they pulled it.

By the way, I am mix. So if you are going to use the racisit things, save it. If you also are going to say anything about my grammar, I have dsylexia, learning disabilites, and lisp. I am Bless to have a couple non fiction articles published. I am also Bless that my editor knows all this, and have someone proofread my articles. The editor does not have to do this.

4) I am still a newbie on this site. I cannnot provide web links. I so agree with that security policy. Otherwise, I would.

5) I advocated for other causes as well. Dr. Martin Luther King did NOT stand for violence. I am saying this in case you want to metion in support of the acts.

6) I am level headed. However, I will not close my mouth on certain topics. Lastly, I am done. If you post back, regardless of what you say, I will say nothing. I spoken enough.

?
Mitch Albom
🦋
Titanium Love
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-titanium-love.html
Latest Review: "Spell Wars" by Joshua Cox-Steib

Post by Titanium Love »

The worst thing I've ever done to a book was lay a melting candy cane on it. I stepped away, but when I came back the pages where all sticky and stuck together and when I went to open it the pages ripped. :x I was like, "NOOO!!! :doh: " It was so frustrating.
Latest Review: "Spell Wars" by Joshua Cox-Steib
alwaysdaddygirl

Titanium Love wrote:The worst thing I've ever done to a book was lay a melting candy cane on it. I stepped away, but when I came back the pages where all sticky and stuck together and when I went to open it the pages ripped. :x I was like, "NOOO!!! :doh: " It was so frustrating.
That is a double tradgey. ?

?
Mitch Albom
🦋
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

alwaysdaddygirl wrote:
CatInTheHat wrote:

Aloha,

1) The primary part of my business is help veterans, military families, troops, and military dogs. All of the services for them are free. Regardless if they are a liberal or not. Regardless if they are Christian or non Christians.

2) My daddy and uncle served. I have created web pages, wrote articles about military, and tweeted with many folks in liberal politics. All those folks I have tweeted, are not helping veterans. Examples homeless veterans, disgrace of VA, etc. They claim they are helping. I tweet with proof they are full of it.

3) This book came out during the mass shootings of cops,etc. If the book was not releated to this, the publishers would have pulled the back. Yes, it is :eusa-think: :hand: money. It is out respect. Just like that one movie that came out around 911. The movie had ads of the towers. That is why they pulled it.

By the way, I am mix. So if you are going to use the racisit things, save it. If you also are going to say anything about my grammar, I have dsylexia, learning disabilites, and lisp. I am Bless to have a couple non fiction articles published. I am also Bless that my editor knows all this, and have someone proofread my articles. The editor does not have to do this.

4) I am still a newbie on this site. I cannnot provide web links. I so agree with that security policy. Otherwise, I would.

5) I advocated for other causes as well. Dr. Martin Luther King did NOT stand for violence. I am saying this in case you want to metion in support of the acts.

6) I am level headed. However, I will not close my mouth on certain topics. Lastly, I am done. If you post back, regardless of what you say, I will say nothing. I spoken enough.

?

You read way too much into what I said, and implied many things that I gave no implication towards.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Megwe85
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megwe85.html
Latest Review: "Cryptic" by Conrad Luznar

Post by Megwe85 »

The worst thing I've ever done to a book is wipe a booger on the page. This was definitely not a recent event.
Latest Review: "Cryptic" by Conrad Luznar
tinmmm
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4">Flowers for Algernon</a>
Currently Reading: Taguan-pung at Manwal ng Pagpapatiwakal (Level Up)
Bookshelf Size: 217

Post by tinmmm »

Disclaimer: I was 3 or 4 when this happened. I was throwing tantrums and ripped a collection of books and scattered the pages on the stairs. Years later, when I ran out of books to read at home, I would remember that moment and feel bad not knowing what was written on those books - and the fact that I did that in the first place. Still regret it, whenever I remember this from time to time... :l
jamesabr
Currently Reading: The Gulf
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamesabr.html
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by jamesabr »

I once sat on a book in protest to the fact that my mother was forcing me to read it. In all fairness, I was around 5 years old. :lol:
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
heshma_m
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heshma-m.html

Post by heshma_m »

I usually take my book at work and I also put a water bottle in my bag. Once the water bottle accidentally got open in bag and my whole book was wet. This is the worst thing that's ever happened to my book obviously by accident but still I was so angry with myself.
mhawki36
Currently Reading: Doing Time
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhawki36.html

Post by mhawki36 »

Once I got a book all wet... It was a school library book and when I went to explain they allowed me to return it. After days of trying to dry it out, it was still about three times the size of the other exact copy sitting beside it on the shelf.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”