What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by SPasciuti »

My favorite book, hands down, is Cress from Marissa Meyer's The Lunar Chronicles. It's the third book in the series, but it moved me so much. I'm incredibly attached to it and even had to put it down once because I was laughing so hard. I love the entire series, but that book is my favorite.
Gamermomt4
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Gamermomt4 »

I really like post-apocalyptic books. Books having to do with what would happen if the world went crazy.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom is my favorite book. It teaches about life, loss, growth, love, and everything in between. Depending on what I am going through at the time (in my own life), this book always seems to have the answers I'm looking for. :-)
Iluveb22

Post by Iluveb22 »

My favorite book is Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder- it’s the true story of Dr. Paul Farmer, a medical doctor who does work overseas in Haiti. Besides being an interesting read, it is inspiring and made me want to go out and help others. It was neat to see the real Paul Farmer being interviewed on the news when the earthquake happened in Haiti- it felt like I was seeing one of my friends on tv!
KerrizB00kz
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by KerrizB00kz »

knikkki wrote: 18 Dec 2006, 17:46 I have many favorites, but my most favorites are Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins. Why? Funny, great story, great characters, amazingly written.

Mists of Avalon by Marian Zimmer Bradley ... magical and re-readable.

Anything by Christopher Moore.
Knikkki!
I love them all, but Skinny Legs and All was my first Tom Robbins and will always be my favorite! I was so glad to see your post on my first day navigating the site.
As for my favorite book, ask me today and ask me again tomorrow, my answer is likely to always be different than yesterday. My generic answer usually includes John Irving, but I love anything he writes so will do better to answer more thoughtfully. In no particular order, and aside from Alice in Wonderland or The Story of Ferdinand, The Master and Margaritaby Mikhail Bulgakov and Pig Tales - A Novel of Lust and Transformation by Marie Darrieussecq are at the top of my list, followed by Katherine Dunne's Geek Love and a little known read called The Powwow Highwayby David Seals. I also have to add that I was twice surprised by the more mainstreamed-by-movie books of Tracy Chevalier, author of The Girl with a Pearl Earring, as I became completely taken in by both that and The Virgin Blue. I rather want to read it again right now!
Well, that wasn't so hard, now was it? :wink:
JSBrown

Post by JSBrown »

Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult currently is my favorite book.
CNWaweru
Currently Reading: The Sound of Thunder
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cnwaweru.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by CNWaweru »

My favourite book is Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. It promotes the virtue of authenticity that I am still cultivating in my life.
Reading is dreaming with your eyes open. :techie-studyinggray:
Miss Understood
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Miss Understood »

WoW??? Just 1? Honestly? I see some have taken the noble route and picked literary classics. Maybe this isn't up there with the greatest, but Lord of the Flies left an impression on me. I love epic fantasy, so The Lord of the Rings needs to be mentioned. I also had a soft spot for the Redwall series. To throw in a new "face" I love the Sanctuary series by Robert J Crane. I also have a great love for science fiction so Under the Dome by Stephen King deserves a spot on the list. After really searching my mind for books that stood out i realized it wasn't that hard of a question. Seeing all the lords and kings, my favorite was right there staring me in the face. It is the Holy Bible.
AlainaElric
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110

Post by AlainaElric »

Kushiel's Dart... if I had to pick just one... but I know I cannot.
I have whole series as favorites... so I'd rather go by authors or writers.
Shakespeare, T.A. Barron, Maria V. Snyder, Jacqueline Carey, Sarah Zettel, Dan Millman, Anne Rice...
Sweetserenade2001
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Sweetserenade2001 »

I really don't think I have a favorite. Just give me a good historical fiction
dawnerys

Post by dawnerys »

Definitwly it's Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger!!!
uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Post by uyky »

As a lot of people said, it is impossible to choose one. I go mostly after long fairytales, so Tolkien, Lewis, Hobb... Can't decide on the favourite from one author, so one favorite is not possible.
Sonburstfire
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Sonburstfire »

Please, don't make me choose. I could never pick just one😁
eddyokoth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddyokoth.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eddyokoth »

Who told you that you were naked by willian comb
B3RIIIZ
Currently Reading:

Post by B3RIIIZ »

In the past few months I have read 18 novels and am currently reading another, but out of them all I'd have to say my favourite book is 'Legacy of Blood' by Alex Connor.

The entire way through the novel was thrilling and gripping. I didn't want to put it down once I started reading. I was intrigued by the concept and all the unique characters but what really got me was the centuries-old conspiracy. Overall a great book and I recommend reading it.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”