What has your recent read book taught you or brought to your realization?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Pallavi Lakra
Currently Reading: Apotheosis Now
Bookshelf Size: 44

What has your recent read book taught you or brought to your realization?

Post by Pallavi Lakra »

I've always been a curious person as to what an individual's life is worth.
My recent read that was 'Man's Search For Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl' made one thing clear to me that we all sub-consciously know deep down.
That is every human being has a unique purpose to fulfill and no other human can replace the another's purpose.

What did you realise while finishing your last read?
Hussainsudheer3700
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hussainsudheer3700 »

I always had a bad thought about love in my mind, But reading love by anurupi Wayanad made my mind changed about love. Before reading love I didn't even look to a women face like a attitude.But by reading his book and l know How to love a partner in life. I dreamer to love and Now I am seeking a partner for me. He give me a thought and respect for women in my life.
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

So, I picked up Emily Post on Entertaining at Goodwill a few years back and I finally read it the other day. I thought it was a much older book on etiquette, which is why I bought it in the first place. I thought it would be fun to read about how people dealt with such things a couple hundred years ago. It actually is more recent and isn't very long. There are a lot of "rules" to etiquette - even invitations fall under one category or another. A lot of rules are kind of common sense when you think about it. Some rules are perplexing; for instance, a "buffet" is when guests fill their plates in the dining room and then bring their food to the another room to eat.
Also, you can't invite your boss to certain things before they invite you, and you should send them a written invitation. I will probably never use most of the information I learned from this book, but it was interesting. You have to use a different tablecloth for a tea than you would for a dinner! Hmmm...
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
Archaeoptery
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-archaeoptery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Archaeoptery »

Mmm. I would have to say Guilty when Black. This book I read through this website and is based on real life. Usually most of the books I read based on real life tends to history and the likes but I have read a couple that was based in my lifetime as I called it. Guilty when Black is the most recent one of those, here it goes over racism within the justice system and includes a little something else. It was an eye opener as they want through that, it brought up the bad and the good.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”