how many books do you own?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Re: how many books do you own?

Post by Kister Bless »

I have hundreds of books and am still yearning to acquire more. I can't just get enough of them.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
scler1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by scler1 »

I use to own tons of books. Now, I only keep a select few cook books or books that I want to take my time reading and can pass on to others.
Heatholt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatholt.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Heatholt »

I am sadly only with 8 books currently as I am doing an extended travel trip. However the total collection must be over 100! It is used against me by my family for jokes all the time.
kgallant01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kgallant01.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by kgallant01 »

Our dining room has been converted into a library. We have bookshelves lining almost every wall and they are all full. I would say I have hundreds of books. Probably not thousands...yet. :D
Pokemon2001
Currently Reading:

Post by Pokemon2001 »

Like a hundred. Most of my books are soft copy.
Astrid Galactic
Currently Reading: The Great Blue Hills of God
Bookshelf Size: 2049
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Astrid Galactic »

Way more than I can begin to count. Has to be in the thousands. With age and a serious lack of space, I'm finally doing something that I never thought that I do - get rid of some of them. It was the TV show Strange Inheritances that did it. When I die, I know someone will get in there and either throw too many of them away or donate them to some entity that throws many of their donations away. You'd be appalled at how many places take donations (not just books) only to cherry pick them and throw most of it all away into the trash. Passing them down now helps to insure that these books will live on to be read multiple more times. My library will still exist but they just won't live together.
Bles
Currently Reading: Dance of Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bles.html
Latest Review: Nettie Boo by Judy Adams Brown

Post by Bles »

I have 1000+ books but majority of them are e-books because I love reading from my pad.
Tamara salinas

Post by Tamara salinas »

I have a lot but not as many as I used to because I gave them away to students that needed books for there classes. I right now have about 50.
Gabsterella_bella

Post by Gabsterella_bella »

I used to own a lot of books. I had to get rid of a lot before my move. When I moved in with my fiancé I did not have the same space as I did before. Now that I have been able to make space, I have started pulling out my books that I kept and have been adding to my collection. I am currently at 100 books. Every time I see a book I'm interested in, I pick it up. I have really gotten into going to the library or a local book shop that has a point system with trade ins and donations. It really helps my bank account to have these options when I have an addiction to collecting series that I love.
LauraSmith-98
Currently Reading: The Game of Love and Death
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by LauraSmith-98 »

Can't believe how many books other people in this discussion own! :o I own about 200, but continuously have to donate some to charity, loan some to friends and family and generally reshuffle my collection in order to fit them all on the bookcase. If I could buy another bookcase or more shelves to increase my library I would :lol: Until then, they'll just have to be stacked into piles around the house.
griffith_h

Post by griffith_h »

I would say somewhere between 400-500, I used to have more but when I moved into my.boyfriends house I downsized by about a 100 😅
Mrunal Tikekar
Currently Reading: Heartquake
Bookshelf Size: 291
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunal-tikekar.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke

Post by Mrunal Tikekar »

Last I checked, I had exactly 122. The number is growing fast!
dorebri2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorebri2020.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by dorebri2020 »

I know I have more than 200, but I am not exactly sure. At some point, I would love to have a personal library of books that I can read at any point.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- J.K. Rowling. :D
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

I own about 100 books, but four of them are ones that I still need to read.
~Roxie~
amjohnson13mommy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amjohnson13mommy.html
Latest Review: The Right to Nominate by Thomas E Peterson

Post by amjohnson13mommy »

I have 4 bookcase with 6 shelves on each (24 shelves total). They are all stuffed plus a few bags of graphic novels.
I have read most of them at least once. Am currently on #14 out of 27 the series of novels I am working on.
amjohnson13

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”