how many books do you own?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Sma22sama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: how many books do you own?

Post by Sma22sama »

I tried counting them once but failed miserably. I got to around 300 and then realized that my book are decided between my parents house, our old apartment, and the new one. And according to my mom, she has at least 10 boxes filled of just my books.
ShayM08
Currently Reading: The Sound of Spring
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaym08.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by ShayM08 »

Close to 1000, I'd say.
Sw33tSmiles69
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43

Post by Sw33tSmiles69 »

:tiphat:
ShayM08 wrote: 13 Oct 2019, 15:27 Close to 1000, I'd say.
Tneagle76
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tneagle76 »

I don’t count them out of fear my wife would find out. I believe that books should always be within grabbing distance no matter where you are in the house. Sadly I don’t have the shelf space for all of mine so they are all over the place. She keeps threatening to make me put them on a rotation leaving some in boxes until I switch them out.
Allybear

Post by Allybear »

I do most of my reading on a kindle or ereader but that can still count. I think I have over 400 digital books.
fmatsveru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fmatsveru.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by fmatsveru »

I have more than fifty physical books.
Amaytorena88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Amaytorena88 »

My small library consists of mostly children's book but I also have my own collection combined I would say I'm some where in the 200's 📚
LizzyGirl1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzygirl1.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Reading Device: B0773JVW5Z

Post by LizzyGirl1 »

This is a good question to take stock! I own thousands of books. My father was a pack-rat and so are my kids and I so you can imagine.
In the process of decluttering now but books are so difficult to part with. Even magazines! I keep telling myself that there is no use hoarding - others will find just as much joy reading them as I did. Holding that thought in my head as I go through the process. Lol!
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
lexydaytona22
Currently Reading: The Dead
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by lexydaytona22 »

im literally in the thousands as well, i need to get rid of some just so I have room for the new ones that i get!!!
Applepiebandit

Post by Applepiebandit »

I currently own close to 400 books. I am running out of shelf space though but it's so hard not to buy a book when you past by one
Bookworm555
Favorite Book: The Name of the Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm555.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Bookworm555 »

My mother and I used to own about 1600 books but we gave many of them away and now we have about 1000 I think. They are written in four languages. She reads in our mother tongue and I read in three other languages.
HanSmith97
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hansmith97.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy Book 1 by Claire Youmans

Post by HanSmith97 »

Nym182 wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 13:05 I think about 600 or so... yikes
I'm round about the same. And I can't bear to get rid of any of them because they're either ones I haven't read yet (but will one day) or have read and loved so I want to keep them in case I read them again
Laura Lee
Currently Reading: Holiday in Death 
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-lee.html
Latest Review: My ABC "Chair" Book by Barbara H. Hartsfield

Post by Laura Lee »

On Kindle, I have over 1,000. In print I have probably in the neighborhood of 1500, but that's because when I moved abroad I had to get rid of three-quarters of my library. I brought only about 40 boxes of books with me.
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Nym182 »

Laura Lee wrote: 18 Nov 2019, 21:56 On Kindle, I have over 1,000. In print I have probably in the neighborhood of 1500, but that's because when I moved abroad I had to get rid of three-quarters of my library. I brought only about 40 boxes of books with me.
"Only about 40 boxes of books" :muahaha: Did you have a method for sorting which books to keep?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
Laura Lee
Currently Reading: Holiday in Death 
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-lee.html
Latest Review: My ABC "Chair" Book by Barbara H. Hartsfield

Post by Laura Lee »

I'm a writer and author, so books used in my research were definite keepers. Any books I thought I'd read again, or that my kids would read, as well as difficult-to-obtain books: all those were ones I brought. One rare four-volume set that I'd paid $600 for also came. I might not use it very often, but I can't replace it.

It was hard leaving behind 3/4ths of my books, but impractical to bring them all.
Laura Lee

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
― Groucho Marx, The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Marx

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”