how many books do you own?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Geist39
Favorite Book: The Soul Thief
Currently Reading: Spells & Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geist39.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Re: how many books do you own?

Post by Geist39 »

I owns 53 books. But not literally in form of books but in an epub file. Most of my favourite book, it is difficult to find and it more easier when I search online and cheap.
HanSmith97
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hansmith97.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy Book 1 by Claire Youmans

Post by HanSmith97 »

Laura Lee wrote: 18 Nov 2019, 21:56 On Kindle, I have over 1,000. In print I have probably in the neighborhood of 1500, but that's because when I moved abroad I had to get rid of three-quarters of my library. I brought only about 40 boxes of books with me.
I remember saying something similar to someone about only packing 40 boxes of books and they just looked at me as if I was mad - glad I'm not the only one!
Laura Lee
Currently Reading: Holiday in Death 
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-lee.html
Latest Review: My ABC "Chair" Book by Barbara H. Hartsfield

Post by Laura Lee »

LOL - You're definitely not the only one!
Laura Lee

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
― Groucho Marx, The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Marx
sjenkins39
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by sjenkins39 »

I own so many books that I don't even want to count them all, but I have read many more books than I own because I read ebooks. :techie-studyingbrown:
Jacksilly
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jacksilly »

I own quite a few books, but my oldest sister will buy books, pass them to my sister, brother and myself! We each put our initials on the front inside cover! Just so my oldest sister knows who has read that book or not! The 4 of us love to read!!! I can get lost in a book, tuning out everything else!! I go places in books, I know I'll never be able to go to!! I read as if I'm part of it!! I have laughed, cried, gotten mad, felt sad, etc.
kitelemon

Post by kitelemon »

I have a list for insurance purposes and it comes out to almost 2300!
Cailynn_Moore98
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Cailynn_Moore98 »

I honestly can tell you I have no clue how many books I have but if I was to guess I probably have over 100 book. I love reading and rereading books so every book I come across that I like I HAVE to have just in case I wanna read it again.
DrPatti8454
Favorite Book: Code Name Lily
Currently Reading: Death Trap
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drpatti8454.html
Latest Review: Lily White Lie by Connie Chappell
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by DrPatti8454 »

The hard cover books on my shelves come to about 240, but I probably have another 240 in storage. And the books I read on-line or kindle are not calculated in my totals.
jassandra01
Currently Reading: Guards! Guards!
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jassandra01.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by jassandra01 »

I got my love of reading from my dad who is also a book collector and has recently moved in with me due to health issues. So all together, my house holds close to 800ish volumes of all genres. We're just getting started!
L1th3rl+and
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Waves Break (on Unknown Shores)

Post by L1th3rl+and »

If I started counting, I wouldn't have time to read. Let's settle on about two thousand, excluding Kindle. I've read most of them, many of them more than once, but there's a lifetime's worth there. There's nothing I value more than good books.
jypsel
Currently Reading: E-M-P Honeymoon
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by jypsel »

I tried counting once and stopped after getting to 800-something. I must own over a thousand. I have 6 bookcases stocked to the brim. They're overflowing and they take up a good chunk of my house, haha! But that's okay, I want my house to essentially be a library.

When I was moving in, my best friend was helping me and we turned around, thinking we had made such a dent in putting the books up and he goes, "Oh my god, they're reproducing." I laughed so hard!
Taylor Butterworth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Taylor Butterworth »

Wow, everyone has so many. I thought I had a lot, but I only have 8
tgoatley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tgoatley.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by tgoatley »

I have 2 bookcases full and have a nook with at least 100 downloaded in it! My dream is to have a mini library at home.
slj3988
Currently Reading: Lord of the rings
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slj3988.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by slj3988 »

I've got 3 full shelves and anything added now has to be tucked behind.
dbraden5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by dbraden5 »

My husband says I have too many! I do have 6 bookcases full, plus some in boxes. I was a reading teacher for 7 years, so that really added to my collection. :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”