Dark Hunter Series - Sherrilyn Kenyon

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Hiril Isilme
Bookshelf Size: 0

Dark Hunter Series - Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by Hiril Isilme »

I'd like to know if there is anyone else out there that has read Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series. Of all the books I read, I found this series to be one of the best ever written in the paranormal romance genre. I would like to know your thoughts on this series and any theories you have.
MsChelled67

Post by MsChelled67 »

I absolutely love her Dark Hunter Series books!!!!!
Unfortunately, I haven't read all of them yet. I've been remiss in keeping up with them.
I '''discovered''' the series by accident and I never read them in order.
I absolutely love the fact that her '''female leads''' are not 'runway models' OR they're not totally-helpless-I-twisted-my-ankle-even-though-I'm-a-city-block-away-from-the-badguys-so-I-still-get-caught-for-NOT-trying-to-get-up-and-limp-to-my-car-that's-FIVE-FEET-AWAY.

One of these days, I'm gonna have to make a list of all her books, read each synopsis, cross out the stories I've read, and look for the one's I haven't got yet.
I'll have to make one for her Dream Hunter Series as well.
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

I've just recommended her on another thread. Why not write a review about her books?
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
MsChelled67

Post by MsChelled67 »

I just may do that.

Now..... If I can just find the box w/her books, I'll be all set.

><P
hnkeith

Post by hnkeith »

I absolutley love her dark hunter series, I love how they all tie into each other and the characters are so lovable, you will find your self falling in love even with the bad guys at some point in the series.
K-katastrophe3
Favorite Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Favorite Book: Remembrance by Jude Deveraux
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-katastrophe3.html
Latest Review: "Spellhollow Wood" by Joseph Scotti
fav_author_id: 3137

Post by K-katastrophe3 »

MsChelled67 wrote:I just may do that.

Now..... If I can just find the box w/her books, I'll be all set.

><P
She actually does have box sets of her books. I have a couple of them myself. I own almost all of her books. I cannot help but love them. He characters are so endearing and the stories so full of life and adventure. I just wish I could jump right into them. I absolutely love Wren and his monkey, Acheron, Nick, Savitar, and well.. all of them. I do not think there is a character I do not love!
I got started on Dark Side of the Moon. I picked it randomly in the library years ago. Since then I have been hooked. I cannot get enough.
“Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain.” -Acheron in Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Ramcharan63

Post by Ramcharan63 »

Ok so recently I have reread the Chronicles of Nick and then I read The House of the Rising Sun. I found several things that blew my mind. I don't want to just post them in case someone else hasn't read them because of spoilers. If anyone else has found any links between these books and Styxx as well, please message me, I would love to talk about them with someone else.
K-katastrophe3
Favorite Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Favorite Book: Remembrance by Jude Deveraux
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-katastrophe3.html
fav_author_id: 3137

Post by K-katastrophe3 »

Ramcharan63 wrote:Ok so recently I have reread the Chronicles of Nick and then I read The House of the Rising Sun. I found several things that blew my mind. I don't want to just post them in case someone else hasn't read them because of spoilers. If anyone else has found any links between these books and Styxx as well, please message me, I would love to talk about them with someone else.
I actually havent read Styxx yet. But I currently have it on hold at a library. So once I read it I would definitely love to talk to you about them!
“Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain.” -Acheron in Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

I haven't read the series yet but it is on my ever growing to be read list. :)
Ramcharan63

Post by Ramcharan63 »

K-katastrophe3.... I hope that you enjoy Styxx. My husband bought it for me the day that it came out. I have read it about 8 times. It has easily become one of my favorites. I have a binder that has a list of every Kenyon book, it is called his "get out of jail free" binder, lol. I look forward to talking to you about the books once you have read it.
tintinkie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tintinkie.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by tintinkie »

I have read absolutely every book there is from this author! All the books intertwine at some point and I love it!
I had like 10 hardcovers at one point. I tried to sell them as a series. Not many people here in Belgium read books in English lol. It was hard to get rid of them for peanuts. But I was able to buy the next book online with the money.
JDavid

Post by JDavid »

I absolutely adore her books. Each and every one has you completely absorbed so that you feel a part of it.
Kitten69
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitten69.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kitten69 »

I personally have not gotten to the Dark Hunter series yet and really eager to do so, I have seen a small amount of her work and was impressed, so as I go I buy every book in her series that I find on the shelf; sadly again, these are not all there yet and are out of order, but I have been making large book orders through Barnes and Noble, as I get close to completing the last book ordered I make another. I will one day own all of the books in the series to read at my leisure, and I eagerly anticipate the other-worldly mess that her Hunter must overcome and clean up.
White Horse Reign

Post by White Horse Reign »

Have read most of Dark Hunter Series and others she’s written. The characters are family and their core values either line up with mine or mine align with them. I’m off to find one I haven’t read yet.
Taekwondoqueen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taekwondoqueen.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by Taekwondoqueen »

I have not yet read this series, but I don’t think that I will. I have never been one to enjoy the romance genre.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”