Book Recommendations Please!

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
bubblyupdates4
Favorite Author: Ellen Hopkins
Favorite Book: Impulse
Currently Reading: While My Sister Sleeps
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bubblyupdates4.html
Latest Review: "Cop Games" by C.H.Bordelon
fav_author_id: 3134

Re: Book Recommendations Please!

Post by bubblyupdates4 »

Pretend You Don't See Her by Mary Higgens Clark
Blood And Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause
Den Of Shadows Series: The first three are: In The Forests Of The Night, Demon In My View, and Shattered Mirror by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
:D
It doesn't matter how slow you go, as long as you do not stop.
Latest Review: "Cop Games" by C.H.Bordelon
Acire
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Acire »

Forgotten (Axis Series) by Shelley Filas. Is a supernatural fantasy book. Think she a new author. A friend recommended it and I really enjoyed it. I am really excited for the next book. Great characters!
Enrich925

Post by Enrich925 »

You mentioned some of my favorite series (The Wheel of Time especially) so, to mention a couple others I really enjoyed:
The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks
Wraeththu Chronicles (Omnibus) by Storm Constantine
VLParker

Post by VLParker »

Why don't you check out, To Hell & Back a Test of Faith by VL Parker and Realm of Night: Shadow of Destiny by Sarah C.E. Parker? They are unique, fascinating and thought provoking?

To Hell & Back: A Test of Faith is about a young woman named Catherine Miles who encounters Satan and God in a battle for her soul. The man who loves her challenges her faith and questions the authenticity of her experience, while fearing her loss of sanity. They both battle to regain freedom and democracy and he must decide where his loyalties lie, with his president or to a woman he fears teeters on the edge of insanity. This Spiritual Thriller is filled with action, suspense and drama.

Realm of Night: Shadow of Destiny by Sarah C.E. Parker is a new Fantasy series that will captivate and enthrall you from beginning to end. After an act of revenge puts him in trouble with the law, seventeen year old Seth had a chance run-in with a young girl named Viera and gets thrown right into the middle of a decade-old war between the Empire of Nocturne and the acolytes of the Light that oppose them. Hunted, desperate, and with nowhere to turn but to each other, Seth and Viera set off on a quest to deliver a powerful talisman known as the Xerkzes stone to Viera's home city before the empire can reclaim it and use it to wreak havoc once more.

Sarah's novel is in the genre of Fantasy, whereas VL's Spiritual Thriller is written for an adult audience and is in the genre of Religious Paranormal Fiction. Enjoy. :D
Bookreader615
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreader615.html
Latest Review: "Ride Minnesota" by Cynthia Lueck Sowden

Post by Bookreader615 »

I recommend My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade, a new Christian author. I enjoy books that en grip you from start to finish and this was definitely one!
Latest Review: "Ride Minnesota" by Cynthia Lueck Sowden
Neleh403
Favorite Author: Diane Chamberlain
Favorite Book: The stand by Stephen King
Currently Reading: Of mice and men
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neleh403.html
Latest Review: "Plymouth Discovery" by Bill Brown
fav_author_id: 2413

Post by Neleh403 »

Historical type novel has to be pillars of the earth by Ken Follett. Horror has to be The Stand by Stephen King. Diane Chamberlain has to be one of the best authors for romance/real life style books. Lesley Pearce is also worth a read. For crime type books Tess Gerritsen is brilliant, on a par with James Patterson. I could go on and on but the authors mentioned are some of my favourite.
Latest Review: "Plymouth Discovery" by Bill Brown
Zhangchiahou
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Zhangchiahou »

Hi - one of my favourite authors is Terry Pratchett and his Disc World series of fantasy / science fiction series - 39 books so far. Within that I love those books that focus on the Night Watch or Guards. If you haven't tried him, I would start with the first in the series: "The Colour of Magic"
Eddie Georgonicas

Post by Eddie Georgonicas »

HI ALL,
I would love to recommend this E-BOOK (ANARCHY OF ANGELS)
Book 1 titled SPIRITUAL DREAMS OF A HEAVENLY WAR
Can be downloaded directly from AMAZON
I support the reviews on AMAZON which state a great and inviting read
Deutscher1

Post by Deutscher1 »

A Sense of Wonder by Jason Roberts. The true story of James Holman who became blind while serving in the British Navy in the early 1800's, the societal expectations (or lack thereof) of people who have visual impairments, and the history of the era. Extremely well written.
jggoggans
Favorite Author: L J Smith
Favorite Book: Neighbor from Hell 123 by R L Mathewson
Currently Reading: Black Hearts
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jggoggans.html

Post by jggoggans »

The Temptation series by K.M. Golland- Erotica/ Drama/ Funny
The Chicagoland Vampires series by Chloe Neill- Paranormal/ Supernatural/ YA/ Drama/ Action/ Funny
The Dream Man series by Kristen Ashley- Erotic/ Action/ Drama
The Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward- Erotic/ Action/ Drama/ Supernatural/ Paranormal
A Neighbor from Hell series by R.L. Mathewson- Drama/ Funny/ Erotic
Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones- Funny/ Erotic/ Supernatural/ Paranormal/ Drama/ Action
New Species series by Laurann Dohner- Erotic/ Funny/ Supernatural/ Paranormal/ Drama/ Action
alexclark512

Post by alexclark512 »

The Best Laid plans is really nice novel you guys must be read it.
DaffydLandegge

Post by DaffydLandegge »

You may want to try "White Fang" or "Call of the Wild" by Jack London.

Are you only looking for recommendations for fiction?
daetros

Post by daetros »

I'm not sure if it's appeared in any of these lists but American Gods (Neil Gaiman) seems to be somewhat in the vein of your other listed reads, and it is a lovely bit of fantasy (especially if you enjoy mythology). It's a bit gritty and downright disturbing at times, but one of my favorites.
gella_einj_sy

Post by gella_einj_sy »

Hi. You can try:

Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins; and
Divergent Series by Veronica Roth. However the 3rd book has not been published yet. :)
texttweakingext

Post by texttweakingext »

I just finished Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H.P. Mallory. It's still free on Amazon. It's about a psychic who discovers she has other magical powers and finds herself thrown into a society of witches, vampires, and demons (oh my!). It's a quick read but very entertaining and it's the first in a series.

I'm in the middle of The Norns' Quest by Kyle Jones. It was free when I got it but now it's $0.99 on Amazon. It's based around Norse mythology and the main girl is a teenager who dies in our world and awakens in a post-apocalyptic society where everyone is calling her Valkyrie. The story is good and doesn't move so quickly that you feel you already know everything 50 pages in. And it's a really interesting take on the Norse myths.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”