What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3040
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I am currently reading 'Jesus- From Birth to Baptism'. It is an interesting book though a bit lengthy and with some bit of repetitions in it.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Raya raymond
Currently Reading: One for the Road
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raya-raymond.html
Latest Review: Triumph Over Tears by Nava Chernoff

Post by Raya raymond »

Currently reading and then I met Margaret. I just started it. Can't wait to be inspired. :D :D :D
Ichigo0
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ichigo0 »

Currently I am just now beginning the book “I know why a caged bird sings” by Maya Angelou. I haven’t formally started it yet because of exams but I will start it within the week. :techie-studyinggray:
Sheenah684
Currently Reading: the rain watcher
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheenah684.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Sheenah684 »

I'm about to finish Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen. I'm in the middle of The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan, Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren, The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim, and The Lost for Words Bookshop by Stephanie Butland. I can't seem to read one book at a time anymore.
Jmteachmom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmteachmom.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by Jmteachmom »

Kibetious wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 16:20 If it is a book to be reviewed, then I am not reading any. I just completed reading the book 'Gates to Tangier' by Mois Benarroch.
I am currently reading this one as well. Have not finished it yet but am finding it to be difficult and not making a lot of sense to me. I get lost more than I know what is happening? How is your experience with this book?
Ana_Saints
Favorite Book: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Currently Reading: How to Dance with the Universe
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-saints.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Ana_Saints »

I am currently reading The Dragon Inside I: Becoming The Dragon by A.Sapegin. The book was really amazing. The first part of the book is already captivating and this book totally fits my liking. It's a great book.
Snowhite189
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Snowhite189 »

I am reading right now The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde well I am just starting to read, does anyone knows about this? It's a detective story finding the killer I was on that part.
What goes around comes around
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

I just purchased George Orwell's 1984, as it seems like a good read. I have yet to start, but am certainly looking forward to it!
Jeyasivananth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyasivananth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeyasivananth »

I am reading Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin.
jvez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvez.html
Latest Review: The Providence of Fortune by T. K. Love

Post by jvez »

I'm currently rereading 'One Hundred Years of Solitude' by Gabriel Garcia Marquez for a paper.
emara127
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by emara127 »

Good evening!

I’m currently reading two books, “Letter to my Daughter,” by Maya Angelou, and “Total Money Makeover,” by Dave Ramsey. The first is short stories dedicated to the daughter she never had. I just had my own daughter back in September and my sister gave me the book as a Christmas present. I’m enjoying that book very much. The second book coincides with my husband and I seeking to get our finances in order. This book is very much about a lifestyle change more than just finances. I recommend both of these!
Books Galore
Currently Reading: Say You're Sorry
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Books Galore »

I'm smack dab in the middle of the Outlander series...just about done with The Fiery Cross. A co-worker recommended this series to me. I absolutely loved the first couple books and going on the journey of Claire and Jamie's romance, but I find myself struggling to get through this most recent one. However, I am not a quitter! LOL! So I will continue on and finish this series just so I won't wonder years down the rode whatever happened to those two. :D

I also started a free prime reading book called Say You're Sorry by Melinda Leigh. I needed something to give me a breather from the Outlander series and just be completely different. This book is doing that quite nicely. So far, it's an easy read and going along rather quickly. If you're into murder mysteries, this one so far has me stumped. :wink:

Happy Reading!
kerricellis
Currently Reading: Before We Were Yours
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kerricellis.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by kerricellis »

Hi! I'm reading "Before We Were Yours," by Lisa Wingate. I should say "listening" because it's my Audible selection this month, and I listen while I'm working around the house. The story is fiction, but it takes place at the very real Memphis, Tennessee, Children's Home Society. They kidnapped, sold and murdered hundreds of children. They sold Joan Crawford her children! I'm also "traditionally" reading NOS4A2 by Joe Hill, for fun, mostly because the title made me laugh - it's formatted like a license plate - and because I enjoyed "Heart-Shaped Box." In addition, I'm reading Swan Song by Robert R. McCammon, but this is because my 19-year-old son who is in the Army is reading it, and you have to find ways to connect with your older kids. I have to take breaks a lot, which is why I needed a "fun book" - because it's very depressing. It's a post-apocalyptic book (nuclear war this time). I would recommend all three books, if they're your cup of tea. None are very heavy or life-changing, if that's your thing.
YinDragon_76
Currently Reading: Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yindragon-76.html
Latest Review: Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Post by YinDragon_76 »

I'm caught between 3 books at the moment.. First, one which I've already read once before but it is deserving of at least a second go 'round: Dreams by Derrick Jensen and I highly recommend it, as well as another title of his The Myth of Human Supremacy. The second one I'm working my way through is a collection of short stories from Clive Barker entitled The Inhuman Condition , and finally there's the one I'm reading to review on here, which is also a collection of short stories.
Astghik Vardanyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Astghik Vardanyan »

Hi! I have just finished reading "Three Comrades" by Remarque, and now i am reading "The Arch of Triumph" by Remarque. I have decided to get acquainted with Remarque. :)

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”