My younger siblings have weird tastes in fantasy genre

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
urrutiap
Bookshelf Size: 0

My younger siblings have weird tastes in fantasy genre

Post by urrutiap »

years ago my youngest brother had odd taste in fantasy books ranging from the Cirque De Vampire series along with Vampire Academy, the Olympian Percy Jackson books and other odd select of young teens fantasy books.

Anyone else have younger siblings where 18 years ago your siblings have any weird taste in fantasy or sci fi books?
Wildflowertheorist
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildflowertheorist.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Wildflowertheorist »

How'd that odd? Isn't every other kid into sci-fi or fantasy.
And perhaps it's weird because you've out grown that phase.
I sometimes don't understand my brother's choice of games but i end up telling myself that he's not me😅.
"When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
urrutiap

Post by urrutiap »

I have better taste in books. Ever since i was a teen in the mid 1990s up to these days i enjoy

Star Wars
Stephen King
Dean Koontz
Anne Rice
John Grisham
Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit
Dune
Wheel of Time
urrutiap

Post by urrutiap »

My brother on the other hand hes into series like Vampire Academy and other weird stuff that they have more books than Wheel of Time.
Archaeoptery
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-archaeoptery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Archaeoptery »

Weird? How are they so weird? I actually read those books and I currently have all the percy jackson books plus Cirque De Vampire on my to get list. Based on what you said you have read most of those books are overhyped and money hunger. Star Wars being the main one.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”