Library or owning?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Thea Frederick
Currently Reading: Gilead
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thea-frederick.html
Latest Review: Raji, Book One: Octavia Pompeii by Charley Brindley

Re: Library or owning?

Post by Thea Frederick »

Owning is definitely my preference, but sometimes it’s nice to use library books in case you don’t like the book :-)
-Thea M. Frederick

Amanda Newton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-newton.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Amanda Newton »

I think it depends on the book. If its something new or from an author I'm totally new to and the book hasn't been recommended to me by someone I trust, then I prefer the library instead of spending the money on it. If I Know it will be a good book, I'm likely to want to own

NatRose
Currently Reading: The Midas Effect
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by NatRose »

I had such a great local library growing up. We would often check out 50 books at a time (for our family of 6). If I really liked a book or a series, then I would try to buy it later. I have a great appreciation for good libraries but at this point it's been ages since I've been to one. I don't really have room to own more books, so I'm trying to just get digital versions. Of course, ebooks aren't as good as the real thing so I still buy physical books against my better judgement more often than not.

Carolreads30
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carolreads30.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by Carolreads30 »

I don't mind getting a book from the library as long as I know that I will have the time to read it. I like to own several books, but there are many times that I read books that have been checked out from our local library. My grand doll loves to read and being an active library member is important to both of us.

KimberlyS88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimberlys88.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by KimberlyS88 »

I prefer to own the book. I do use kindle unlimited but other than that, I never step inside a library and we have a very large warehouse sized used bookstore that I love spending the weekends in!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”